I don’t know if this dish is an east coast thing, a jewish thing or what, but man are they AMAZING!!!
This isn’t really a healthy dish, but so worth the calories on occasion.
1. Get the butcher to cut the short ribs in half lengthwise, so you get 2 thinner strips from each piece. Keep them in tact.
2. In a large pan (I use tinfoil) lay them down is a single layer
3. Rub brown sugar onto both sides of the ribs
4. Mix water, vinegar, soy sauce and garlic together and pour over ribs
5. Cover and let marinade in the fridge overnight
6. Preheat oven to 425f and let ribs come to room temperature
7. Bake covered for 30 minutes, and then continue to cook uncovered for 20-30 minutes.
Ribs are done when they are very tender with a fork and easily come off the bone.
- 3-5 lb short ribs cut in half lengthwise (15-25 ribs once cut)
- brown sugar
- 15 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 cup low sodium soya sauce
- 2/3 cup of water
- 1 cup white vinegar